Monday, September 3, 2007

An Opening, A Statement of Purpose

I've thought about making this blog for sometime. Though I've decided to go ahead and make the blog, I'm not sure how "long" its legs will be. In other words, I'm not sure how many posts will result before I run out of ideas.

My basic idea is that there are many gadgets/systems out there that come very close to ideal. But they always seem to lack for some obvious features. Sometimes there is even an obvious manufacturer that should be tackling a problem, sometimes not. If this description is not clear, I hope that my first few posts should become clear. I'm not sure what the organization of the posts will be - but expect that it will develop out of necessity.

I should be fair in noting that I read quite a bit of the popular technology press. For instance, I frequently keep up with Engadget, David Pogue and Walt Mossberg. I also check out less frequently Slashdot, Ars Technica and C|Net News.

No comments: